Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Time for a Change

I've always struggled with the content for this blog. There were so many other yogis producing uplifting and inspirational content that I was unsure what I could contribute to the world of yoga blogs.

I was in the second year of my yoga teacher training and struggling to live a yogic lifestyle while working in a corporate environment. Hence, I started A Learner Yogi in a Corporate World to document my journey of yoga and corporate life.

I do contribute to two other blogs: a news site for family and friends, and a recipe site. As work got busier and my stress levels increased, there were fewer posts but it was easier to create content for those blogs. Learner Yogi tended to take a backseat to the other two and it almost became a chore to find content for it. Still, working in a multinational corporate did provide fodder for posts.

Somewhere on this journey, I think I lost my way. In 2012 I took six months' long service leave to establish yoga classes, take a breather, and work out what I wanted to do with my life. I returned to work at the start of 2013 and then resigned a month later. Since then I've only written three posts for Learner Yogi and all have been related to my teaching. On reflection, one or two of those posts probably should have been included on my business website.

Around this time I also set up the @learneryogi Instagram account. I liked the immediacy of Instagram but even there I struggled with content. Until recently ...

I participated in Susannah Conway's April Love 2015 photo challenge and discovered a little more about myself and my yoga. What is yoga? The poses, the pranayama, meditation - they're only a small part of yoga. Yoga is a philosophy; it is a guide to living life. For everyone that might be different. For me, my yoga is awareness of my life.

I'm still on that initial journey to find myself or, maybe more correctly, understand myself. Building up a yoga business means the delineation between work and life has become a little blurred, and although I love teaching, I still need to find some balance between my business and personal life.

So where does that leave my Learner Yogi blog?

It's time for a change and my Instagram account reflects the type of content I want to include: finding the beauty in the world around me, savouring the simple pleasures of life, loving my yoga. This blog is the place to write about my interests, my observations and musings. I might no longer be working in a corporate world but I'm still a Learner Yogi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments for posts older than 14 days will not immediately display. These comments are reviewed before they are published for public display.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...