Friday, May 7, 2010

Your Religion Is Not Important - A Conversation with the Dalai Lama

My current assignment is getting me down. Negative emotions and thoughts are pulling me deeper into a whirlpool of tamas, making it hard for me to regain my balance.

Yesterday was particularly bad—deadlines looming, a million distractions and little progress with the document I am writing. Checking my e-mail, I discovered my yoga teacher had sent me this thought-provoking slideshow.

Those last words resounded with me.

“Your thoughts ... become words,
Your words ... become actions,
Your actions ... become habits ... ”

Although I have tried hard to mask the negative feelings, I wonder how much it really shows.

This message was a timely reminder to be more aware of my thoughts and their effects, and turn those thoughts around. I hope that this slideshow brings a little light and peace into your life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments for posts older than 14 days will not immediately display. These comments are reviewed before they are published for public display.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...